Tuesday 27 January 2009

Into the Lair

Welcome to the virtual home of the Phantomdoodler, my crimefighting alter ego. In reality, I am but a humble illustrator and caricaturist, and since I have a few projects on the go, I shall be updating them here. However, to begin with, I thought I should show you some of my earlier work, starting with caricatures:



































Although I have been caricaturing professionally for the past 6 or more years, I have always enjoyed doing them for friends and family. In the past, I always used to work from photographs and so a few years ago, with some trepidation, I agreed to draw in a local pub, with some artist friends. It was a great night, and we have been drawing together ever since, under the partnership of Caricature Inc.




















































I thought I would show you some colour examples. I have never really liked painting - the first two images were done with liquid acrylics and watercolour, but generally I find it all far too messy. Fortunately, now armed with a decent graphics tablet, I dont need to reach for a paintbrush - in fact its very rare now I reach for a pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment